Breathing Space is a new scheme to help if you are struggling with debt, including help if you have rent or mortgage arrears.
The scheme can:
- Give you time to sort out your debts and arrears – without the added pressure of action being taken against you
- Stop people or organisations you owe money to from demanding payment or taking action, whist you get free quality debt advice
- Give you the chance to get a handle on your money matters without the stress and worry of increasing debt and scary letters.
There are two types of breathing space:
- Standard breathing space – this can last up to 60 days
- Mental health crisis breathing space – this can last as long as any specialist mental health treatment you are receiving, plus an extra 30 days.
Find out more about Breathing Space, and how to apply here.