How much notice should my landlord give me?
A notice from your landlord is the first step your landlord can take to end your tenancy. Once a valid notice expires your landlord could take further action and you could lose your home.
It is important to check that your landlord has given you the right length of notice.
The length of notice you are entitled to depends on:
- the type of tenancy you have
- the date the notice is given to you
- the reasons your landlord wants to end your tenancy.
The notice rules have changed several times during coronavirus and the tool below should help you work out what you are entitled to.
- Every situation is different and we cannot guarantee that the answer we have given will always be 100% accurate.
- If you need further advice after using this tool read our advice pages or get in touch by webchat, or, if urgent, our helpline.
- This tool only applies if you live in Wales. If you live in England the rules are different and you should contact Shelter.