The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales has information and forms explaining how to make a complaint on their website. You can submit a complaint online, using their online complaint form, or you can download, print off and send a complaint form by post.
If this is not possible, you could also email email@example.com, phone 0300 790 0203 or complain by any other method appropriate to your needs.
Whichever way you complain, you should try and include all of the following information so that the Ombudsman can make a decision :
- when the disrepair started or was noticed
- the effect that the disrepair has had on you or members of your household
- how and when you complained about the disrepair to your landlord
- what you hope to achieve by complaining to the Ombudsman
- whether you have considered legal action as an alternative to approaching the Ombudsman
- copies of the most relevant documents that the Ombudsman needs to consider, such as tenancy agreement, photographs of the repairs that need to be done and letters / emails of complaints
- copies of any doctor’s notes or hospital reports which show that your health has been affected by the problem
- receipts for any money you need to spend because of the repair problem (eg if you had to replace damaged belongings)
- authorisation to act for someone else if necessary.
It is worth getting advice before you make your complaint. A Shelter Cymru adviser can help you put together the arguments you will need, and might be able to help you fill in the forms.