Eviction Notice Advice

If you have received a notice, don’t bury your head in the sand. Once a valid notice expires a landlord can apply to court for a possession order and you could lose your home. If you need further advice read our advice pages or get in touch by webchat, or, if urgent, our helpline.

Important :

  • Every situation is different and we cannot guarantee that the answer we have given will always be 100% accurate.
  • This tool only applies if you live in Wales. If you live in England the rules are different and you should contact Shelter.


Fill out our form and we’ll get back to you within 5 working days with free, expert advice.

Chat online

Chat to one of our advisers using our instant messaging service


Call our urgent housing

Find local services

Find your nearest advice centre if you want to speak to an adviser near you

Advice online

Search our housing advice

Find advice by topic

Discretionary Housing Payment

If your income has reduced because of coronavirus and you are struggling to pay your housing costs, you might be able to apply to your local council for a Discretionary Housing Payment or DHP.

Did you find this helpful?

Rydym yn ymddiheuro na fedrwn ddarparu’r wybodaeth yma yn Gymraeg, ond os hoffech siarad ag ymgynghorydd yn Gymraeg yna cysylltwch ar 08000 495 495.
We are sorry that we cannot provide this information in Welsh, however if you would like to speak to an adviser in Welsh please contact 08000 495 495.

This page was last updated on: August 9, 2021

Shelter Cymru acknowledges the support of Shelter in allowing us to adapt their content. The information contained on this site is updated and maintained by Shelter Cymru and only gives general guidance on the law in Wales. It should not be regarded or relied upon as a complete or authoritative statement of the law.