People in need of care and support : useful links

Dewis Cymru

This website has information and advice on all aspects of care and support, for people in need and their carers. You can also use the website to search for services in your area.

Cartrefi Cymru

Cartrefi Cymru is a not-for-profit organisation that supports older people and those with disabilities in Wales. It can also provide breaks and support for carers

Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales

Care services in Wales are regulated by the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales. Care services include care homes, housing support services, rehabilitation homes, and respite care.

The website has more information about the Commission, including how to make a complaint about a care service. If you have a general enquiry about their work you may call them on 0300 7900 126.

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

If you are not happy about the way the social services department has carried out a needs assessment, then you might be able to ask the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales to review your case. The Ombudsman would usually expect you to have complained to the social services department first. If you have not already done so, contact your local authority and ask for details of its’ complaints procedure.

Welsh Government

A new law for improving the well-being of people who need care and support and carers was introduced in Wales in April 2016. For information about the law, and how affects you, click here.

Did you find this helpful?

This page was last updated on: June 20, 2023

Shelter Cymru acknowledges the support of Shelter in allowing us to adapt their content. The information contained on this site is updated and maintained by Shelter Cymru and only gives general guidance on the law in Wales. It should not be regarded or relied upon as a complete or authoritative statement of the law.