Is it fair that thousands of Welsh children have to live in poor conditions including electrical hazards, damp, mould and cold?
In Wales, nearly one in ten private tenants with dependent children said that their children’s health has been affected in the last year due to their landlord not dealing with repairs and poor conditions.
This means that up to 10,000 children a year may be suffering worse health because of poor conditions in privately rented housing.
We’re calling for a private rented sector that provides:
- Stability – with a secure tenancy for Wales that makes a house a home.
- Quality – with decent housing standards and enforcement that works.
- Fairness – by sorting problems out quickly when they occur.
- Affordability – with predictable rents for tenants and landlords.
- A voice – so that tenants can have a real say about changes that affect them.
Read more →