Wrexham Homelessness Prevention Project for 18 and over
Launched in May 2004, this is a joint initiative with CAIS (the drug and alcohol agency) operating in the Wrexham County Borough Area.
This is funded through the Welsh Assembly Government section 180 grants programme. The service is aimed at young homeless people aged 18 – 25.
The project offers a wide range of services, such as:
- a drop-in facility
- specialist housing advice and advocacy
- support with substance misuse issues
- outreach van offering food one night a week.
- soup dragon – a service offering hot meals three times a week
- practical help finding accommodation
- help finding white goods and accessing grants
- on-going tenancy support to enable clients to maintain their tenancies.
The project is well established and has helped many clients move into accommodation and provided on-going support.