If you are living in shared accommodation you must tell those you live with if you:
- feel unwell and think you may have coronavirus
- have been advised to self-isolate.
It is essential that you minimise visiting shared spaces such as kitchens, bathrooms and sitting areas as much as possible.
If possible, find suitable alternative self-contained space until you are fully recovered. This could be in the same building.
If there is no separate area, there are steps you can take to minimise the risk of infecting others:
- keep shared spaces well ventilated if possible
- stay 2 metres from other people and not do not share a bed with another person
- if the toilet or bathroom facilities are shared, you should use a separate bathroom if possible. The bathroom should be cleaned and disinfected using regular cleaning products before being used by anyone else
- if a separate bathroom is not available, consider drawing up a rota for washing or bathing, with the person who is unwell using the facilities last, before thoroughly cleaning the bathroom themselves (if they are able or it is appropriate)
- use separate body and hand towels from other people
- avoid using shared kitchens whilst others are present
- do not share crockery and cutlery
- take your meals back to your room to eat and use a dishwasher (if available) to clean and dry crockery and cutlery.
For up to date Welsh Government guidance on self-isolating, click here.