The government has brought in emergency laws which mean that:
- Most tenants who get an eviction notice between 26 March 2020 and 30 September 2020 are entitled to 3 months’ notice before their landlord can apply to court
- All court proceedings have been suspended for 90 days from 27 March 2020.
- If you have received a notice of eviction from your landlord you should stay in your home. Evictions take time and you don’t have to leave at the end of your notice under current law
- Your landlord cannot currently apply to the court for an order to evict you
- If your landlord has already applied to the court then your case will be put off until after the 90 days. The court will tell you when any new hearing is, but this may take some time. If you are worried, ring your court to find out what has happened with your case
- You should still pay your rent during any notice period or while you are waiting for a court hearing.
See Gov.Wales for the current Welsh Government advice.
See Public Health Wales for up to date health advice.