Armed forces : useful links

Welsh Government

The Welsh Government has produced a National Housing Pathway for Ex-Service Personnel which contains housing advice and support for people leaving the Armed Forces.

You can also access their Package of Support which gives lots of information about services available to those leaving the armed forces, including health care and welfare benefits.

Blind Veterans UK

Blind Veterans UK provide help and support to veterans who have lost their sight. Help ranges from rehabilitation and training to practical advice, and emotional support.

Change Step Wales

Change Step Wales provide various support for veterans in Wales — including dedicated services for those in crisis, older veterans, and people with mental health and substance misuse needs. Call 0300 777 2259, email [email protected] or contact them through their website or social media channels.


The SSAFA Armed Forces charity can give support to those currently serving in the armed forces and veterans. Support includes help with debts, housing and mental health. Find your local SSAFA here.

Veteran’s NHS Wales

Veterans’ NHS Wales can help support you if you have left the armed forces and are experiencing mental health difficulties.

Did you find this helpful?

This page was last updated on: June 20, 2023

Shelter Cymru acknowledges the support of Shelter in allowing us to adapt their content. The information contained on this site is updated and maintained by Shelter Cymru and only gives general guidance on the law in Wales. It should not be regarded or relied upon as a complete or authoritative statement of the law.