If you are in a crisis situation and need help immediately, phone Shelter Cymru’s helpline on 08000 495 495 to talk to an expert housing adviser. They can:
- explain your rights
- tell you your options
- contact accommodation providers, such as hostels, on your behalf.
If you have more time you could also email our housing advice team, or, visit advice near you to find a local Shelter Cymru advice surgery where you can talk to someone in person.
The following places may also be able to help:
- Citizens Advice (general advice about most issues)
- Your local council:
- housing department (advice on housing and homelessness)
- tenancy relations service (advice on issues between landlords and tenants)
- social services (help for some children and young people, older people and some people with health problems)
- Police (advice in emergency situations e.g. people facing violence)
- Welsh Women’s Aid (advice for women experiencing violence from a partner)
For details of other agencies see our Useful Links page.